TITLE: Patron Services Manager
AVAILABLE: December 1, 2016
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Madison Opera, now in its 56th season, seeks a highly organized, customer service-oriented individual to join its team. The Patron Service Manager handles all ticketing activities, as well as assisting in the implementation of development and marketing activities. He / she maintains a superior level of professionalism, accuracy, courtesy, and efficiency, providing the highest level of service to patrons.
• Ensure the highest quality customer service possible in all interactions with Madison Opera’s patrons, donors, and the general public. Answer phones, manage the company’s internal switchboard and voice-mail system.
• Manage and process subscriptions, including renewals, new subscriptions, and subscriber exchanges. Responsible for complimentary tickets, group sales, and ticketing for special events. Manage ticket donation requests from area organizations.
• Serve as primary manager of the ticketing side of Tessitura. Responsible for all ticketing data entry, as well as generating queries, reports, and mailing lists.
• Manage the Student Matinee(s), from sending initial mailings to receiving ticket requests, assigning seats, and communicating with schools.
• Assist in generating marketing and development materials, as requested.
• Collaborative help with general office and event management, including, but not limited to, performances, fundraisers, and cultivation events.
• Additional projects as assigned by the General Director.
Bachelor’s degree or four years of high-demand customer service experience required.
• extraordinary customer service skills, with a polished interpersonal presence
• high computer literacy and ability to learn new systems quickly
• strong organizational skills with a great attention to detail
• excellent written and oral communication skills
• ability to work and think independently, as well as in collaboration with others
• ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
• a willingness to learn and be proactive
• ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Must be available to work for extended weekend and evening hours during production and event periods. Knowledge of opera is not necessary, but a passion for opera / music / theater is a plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Full-time, salaried position, non-exempt. Health insurance plan, long-term disability, and retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume by November 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.