Opera in the Park is set to go this Saturday night at 8 p.m. in Garner Park. Here’s everything you need to know to plan your evening:
- Garner Park is located at 333 S. Rosa Rd. Parking is available across Mineral Point Rd. in University Research Park, and off of Rosa Rd. in CUNA Mutual. Handicap parking and drop-off is along Rosa Rd.
- The park will open at 7 a.m. for those wishing to place chairs or blankets early in the day. Many people do this, but Garner Park is big: there is plenty of space, especially up the hill, even if you arrive at or after 8 p.m.
- Picnicking is allowed and encouraged. Feel free to bring in you own alcoholic beverages, but note that no wine or beer is for sale in the park.
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream is the only vendor in the park, in addition to sodas and water for sale by Madison Opera.
- Raffle tickets will be sold in the park for $10 and 3 for $25. Prizes are an opera season package, $1,500, and a grand prize of $3,000. This is a great way to support Opera in the Park!
- Programs for Opera in the Park are available for free, and lighsticks are sold for $1. Be prepared for lighstick conducting during Oklahoma in the second half of the program!
- Forecast updates, and in the event of severe weather, a notice of postponement, will be announced at this page on the Madison Opera website. We know there is the chance of intermittent rain during the day on Saturday, but the evening is expected to be clear. The rain-date for Opera in the Park is Sunday, July 17, same place and time.
0 comments on “Opera in the Park Essentials”