Ten Questions With…
Will Liverman, baritone
Figaro in The Barber of Seville
1. Where were you born / raised?
I was born in Norfolk, Virginia and raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia
2. If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would still be in music, maybe as a teacher or a jazz/gospel pianist. Perhaps both!
3. My favorite opera is…
That’s a tough one, but I have to go with Turandot.
4. My favorite pre-show meal is…
A good hearty breakfast the day of a show.
5. People would be surprised to know that…
I’ve studied piano for over 20 years.
6. What is your favorite song to belt out in a bar / the shower / at karaoke?
Sinatra’s “My Way.”
7. What is your pop culture guilty pleasure?
I have to say I was addicted to Project Runway for a time.
8. A few of my favorite films are…
Hook, The Patriot, and the Insidious movies. I love scary movies!
9. If we were to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists/songs would we see on your recently-played list?
Fischer-Dieskau, Eminem, Kirk Franklin, Katy Perry, Ray Charles.
10. What is the worst costume you’ve ever worn?
I was in drag for my first show at Julliard, wearing a white dress and heels with a good wig. Some would say that I resembled Viola Davis as a woman.
Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer):
Q: What should I eat for dinner?
Don’t miss the chance to see Will in The Barber of Seville, a classic operatic comedy! Performances are April 24 and 26 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.
0 comments on “Ten Questons with Will Liverman”