Ten Questions with
Allisanne Apple, mezzo
Gertrude in Romeo and Juliet
1. Where were you born / raised?
Born and raised in Madison, Wisconsin.
2. If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
3. The first opera I was ever in was…
The Marriage of Figaro.
4. My favorite opera is…
5. My favorite pre-show / post-show meal is…
A cookie and coffee. And for breakfast… lunch… midnight snack…
6. People would be surprised to know that…
I worked on two space shuttle missions in the late 1980s, early 1990s.
7. A few of my favorite books are…
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Our Mutual Friend, and the latest Janet Evanovich craziness.
8. What do you like to binge-watch?
9. What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Michelle Obama, Betty White, George Carlin, the Dalai Lama.
10. Everyone should see Romeo and Juliet because….
Who doesn’t love a love story?
Don’t miss the chance to see Allisanne in Romeo and Juliet, as Shakespeare’s classic work comes to ravishing operatic life. Performances are November 4 and 6 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.