Jamie-Rose Guarrine, soprano
1. My favorite thing about being a singer is:
Traveling to new places all over the world and working with great colleagues and companies.
2. The greatest challenge in being a singer is:
It’s funny, but the same thing: traveling and being apart from my family is by far the most difficult part of the job, I would say.
3. A live music performance I’ve attended that I will never forget is:
Karita Mattila in recital with Martin Katz in Minneapolis – amazing and she did the splits!
4. A few of my favorite films are:
Lord of the Rings trilogy – I’m a Tolkien nut!
5. Three things I can’t live without are:
1. My iphone, since it’s the contact point for my husband, family, and cats.
2. Music – any form, any time.
3. A comfortable pair of shoes.
6. My number one hobby is:
Cooking and entertaining.
7. If you could perform with any singer that is retired or deceased, who would it be?
I would want to travel back in time and sing Susanna with Dietrich Fisher-Dieskau singing the Count!
8. If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
A position that involved travel and seeing the world!
9. What role do you wish you could sing that you could never sing (because it’s the wrong voice type / gender)?
Tosca. Stab that bad guy and jump off a castle? That’s pretty awesome.
10. Describe your favorite moment on stage.
Come hear Jamie-Rose at Opera in the Park on Saturday, July 26 at 8pm. FREE ADMISSION!
0 comments on “Ten Questions with Jamie-Rose Guarrine”