- Where were you born and raised?
I was born and raised right here in Madison, Wisconsin.
- If you weren’t an actor, what profession would you be in?
When I was young, my dream was to be a part of the diplomatic corps. It seemed to be so very romantic and adventurous to live
in different places all over the world.
- The first musical or play I was ever in was…
The first musical I was in was at Madison West High School, and I was in the chorus of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- My favorite play is…
- My favorite food to eat is…
Anything Vietnamese, Thai, or Indian.
- People would be surprised to know that…
…I was a page in the Wisconsin State Senate while I was attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- If I could spend a ‘weekend in the country’ anywhere, real or fantasy…
…it would take place by a lake in the northern woods of Wisconsin.
- I like to binge-watch…
30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and Treme.
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
My dinner party guests would include John Mulaney, Anne Lamott, Barack Obama, and Jon Stewart.
- Everyone should see A Little Night Music because….
…it is a breathtakingly beautiful piece. It has romance and regret, love and loss, stunning music, incredibly insightful lyrics, and a cast of people who are perfectly cast and (with the exception of yours truly) absolutely brilliant singers!
Find out more about Sarah Day and our other artists, and don’t miss the chance to see her perform Madame Armfeldt in A Little Night Music. Performances are February 8 and 10 in Capitol Theater. Tickets start at $25!
0 comments on “Meet the Artists – Sarah Day”