- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Appleton, Wisconsin, and raised in Iowa, North Carolina, and Wisconsin.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I can’t imagine not being involved in the arts in some way.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The Magic Flute.
- My favorite opera is…
Many favorites come to mind – to sing vs. to enjoy are two separate things for me. To watch, Hansel and Gretel and Pelléas et Mélisande. To sing, La Traviata and A Rake’s Progress.
- My favorite food to cook is…
I love to cook warm stews and soups that make my tummy happy. This last winter, my husband and I made a lot of oxtail stew. In the hotter months, I love to make chicken Milanese.
- People would be surprised to know that…
…I took up knitting this last year when I was in Wales for a job, and I have never read the Harry Potter books.
- If I could be in any fairy-tale, I would be in…
Beauty and the Beast.
- I like to binge-watch…
Ozark, Schitt’s Creek, Blackish, Handmaid’s Tale.
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Joni Mitchell & Michelle Obama (plus me and my sister).
- Everyone should see Rusalka because….
It’s a piece to warm your senses, and get you ready for all the life that spring has to offer!