- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Houston, Texas and raised in Pearland, Texas.
- What is in your ideal picnic basket?
A fantastic sandwich, fresh fruit, and something sparkling like a great cava.
- What has been your most memorable moment performing outside?
I did a lot of my schooling in Boston, so I had the pleasure to sing at the Hatch Shell.
- What is your favorite outdoor performance you’ve attended?
When I was a young artist at Tanglewood Music Festival, I had the honor of seeing mezzo-soprano Frederica von Stade perform Scheherazade. It was magical!
- What is your favorite summertime activity?
I love sitting in the shade near a body of water, just relaxing.
- Describe your ideal vacation.
My ideal vacation is a quiet solitude place near water that is unplugged from the world. Just me, my hubby, and quiet!
Find out more about Michelle and our other Opera in the Park 2019 Artists – and don’t miss the concert on July 20!
0 comments on “In the Park with Michelle Johnson”