- Where were you born and raised?
Lake Jackson, Texas, south of Houston.
- What is in your ideal picnic basket?
Tacos and root beer.
- What has been your most memorable moment performing outside?
I did a series of recitals for Houston Grand Opera on pontoon boats in Buffalo Bayou. Luckily there is a wealth of nautical-themed music.
- What is your favorite outdoor performance you’ve attended?
The Punch Brothers on the lawn of the Wolf Trap Filene Center.
- What is your favorite summertime activity?
Beach volleyball. Or anything competitive, really.
- Describe your ideal vacation.
Going to Hawaii with my wife! (On our honeymoon this August!)
- Bonus: one question you wish someone would ask you.
Q: What’s your favorite musical?
A: In the Heights!
Find out more about Ben and our other Opera in the Park 2019 Artists – and don’t miss the concert on July 20!