Ten Questions with…
1. Where were you born / raised?
I was born in Richland Center, Wisconsin, and grew up in Stoughton, Wisconsin.
2. If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would be a dancer in a dream life. In my real life, I would be a teacher.
3. My favorite opera is…
Don Giovanni has been my favorite since I was four or five. Verdi’s Falstaff is also high on the list, as well as Britten’s Peter Grimes.
4. My favorite pre/post-show meal is…
A hearty sandwich or something with a lot of ginger.
5. People would be surprised to know that…
I have an undergrad degree in English literature and I studied abroad in Amsterdam.
6. What is your favorite song to belt out at the bar / in the car /for karaoke?
Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel.”
7. What is your pop culture guilty pleasure?
HGTV and the Food Network, especially House Hunter and Chopped.
8. A few of my favorite films are…
The Philadelphia Story, The Sting, Singing in the Rain.
9. If we were to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists/songs would we see on your recently-played list?
10. What is the worst costume you’ve ever worn?
11. Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer):
Q: Can you say all 50 states of the USA in alphabetical order in one breath?
Don’t miss the chance to see Jeni in Sweeney Todd, Sondheim’s masterpiece! Performances are February 6, 7, and 8 in the Capitol Theater. Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.