Megan Ott – Mezzo-Soprano
1. Where were you born/ where were you raised?
2. If you weren’t a vocalist, what profession would you be in?
Voiceover actor. I am currently perfecting my “operatic chipmunk voice.”
3. The first opera I was ever in was…
Amahl and the Night Visitors. I was the Page!
4. My favorite opera is…
5. My favorite post-show meal is…
Post-show, I love eating Italian food and having a nice glass of wine.
6. People would be surprised to know…
I can solve a Rubik’s cube in 47 seconds.
7. I like to binge-watch…
The Office. Lately I’ve also been watching Ozark.
8. What four people would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Abe Lincoln, Ellen DeGeneres, Gael García Bernal, and Salvador Dalí.
9. What is the best costume you’ve ever worn?
It was in a production of The Magic Flute, when I sang the Third Lady. The costume was steampunk meets super woman, all tied together with glowing lightning bolts.
10. Why should people go to the opera?
Because it is a chance for them to step out of reality and into something magical for a few hours. It is a chance to find peace and can be extremely healing, especially with all of the negativity in our world right now.
11. Bonus: What’s one question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer)?
Q: Where do you want to travel to next?
A: Iceland is somewhere I’ve been itching to explore.