- Where were you born and raised?
The San Francisco Bay Area.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would have been a lawyer, focusing on litigation.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
Tosca, as the shepherd at age 13.
- My favorite opera is…
- My favorite food to cook is…
I am an avid baker! Paleo treats are my specialty.
- People would be surprised to know…
I began my stage journey as a ballerina.
- If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
I would love to travel back to New Zealand, the South Island in particular.
- I like to binge-watch…
I can binge any Masterpiece Theater or PBS special like no one’s business!
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Grandpa Trevigne, Michelle Obama, President Lincoln, Chimanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Everyone should see Pagliacci because….
The brilliance of Pagliacci is that it’s one of the first true verismo operas. The focus on real life problems of everyday people continues to prove its relevance, even with young audiences.
- Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you.
Ask me about baseball! I am an avid fan of the game and it literally consumes our home!
Find out more about Talise and our other Cav/Pag artists, and don’t miss the chance to see her perform Nedda in Pagliacci. Performances are November 2 and 4 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18!
0 comments on “Meet the Artists – Talise Trevigne”