Lola, Cavalleria Rusticana
- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Green Bay, Wisconsin and spent most of my childhood in Denmark, Wisconsin.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
When I’m not performing, I work as a computer programmer! Programming is like a complex logic puzzle, and like opera requires a working knowledge of multiple languages.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The Pirates of Penzance.
- My favorite opera is…
Lucia di Lammermoor. (Who doesn’t love a good mad scene?)
- My favorite food to eat is…
Anything involving Buffalo chicken.
- People would be surprised to know…
I once worked as a Page on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington D.C.
- If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
- I like to binge-watch…
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Joyce DiDonato, Emma Watson, Barrack Obama, and Robin Williams.
- Everyone should see Cavalleria Rusticana & Pagliacci because….
It has something for everyone! The two operas complement each other very well, and the shared theme of revenge is seen through two contrasting perspectives.
Find out more about Kirsten and our other Cav/Pag artists, and don’t miss the chance to see her perform Lola in Cavalleria Rusticana. Performances are November 2 and 4 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18!