- Where were you born and raised?
Born in Minneapolis, MN. Raised in Soldiers Grove, WI – America’s first solar village!
- What is your profession outside of the theater?
I’m a Business Analyst in IT.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
Madison Opera’s La Bohème in 2015, as a supernumerary.
- My favorite opera is…
The Tales of Hoffman
- My favorite food to cook or eat is…
Any pasta/lasagna, most commonly spaghetti.
- People would be surprised to know…
…that I had a stroke at the age of 28; that I’m a skilled juggler and whistler; or that in a college production of Fiddler on the Roof, I did the full forward splits with a bottle on my head.
- If I could spend a ‘weekend in the country’ anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
Norway. My ancestral background is mostly Norwegian. Lefsa anyone? 😋
- I like to binge-watch…
Recently it was The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Can’t wait for season 3!
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Albert Einstein, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, and Stephen Sondheim.
- Everyone should see A Little Night Music because….
It is a true gem in Sondheim’s work that will have you waltzing out the doors!
- Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q: With a degree in mathematics, you must love prime numbers, right?
A: No. Prime numbers are terrible.
Find out more about Benjamin and our other artists, and don’t miss the chance to see him perform Frid in A Little Night Music. Performances are February 8 and 10 in Capitol Theater. Tickets start at $25!