- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Brooklyn, New York, raised in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- If you weren’t an actor, what profession would you be in?
I would have to be involved in literature or language somehow.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
My background is primarily in musical theatre. The first operetta I was in was The Gondoliers at Interlochen Arts Camp, but I’ve never dropped the “etta” and graduated to full-fledged “opera”.
- My favorite opera is…
Probably La Traviata.
- My favorite food to cook is…
I love making anything with dough – cinnamon rolls, pizza, fresh bread.
- People would be surprised to know that…
I’m a professional hand model.
- If I could spend a ‘weekend in the country’ anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
The Scottish Highlands.
- I like to binge-watch…
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Jon Stewart, my grandfather, Madeline Kahn, David Lynch.
- Everyone should see A Little Night Music because….
In my opinion, it’s a perfect piece of theatre. The book scenes are as sparkly as the music, the humor as poignant as the drama; nothing is sacrificed!
Find out more about Emily and our other artists, and don’t miss the chance to see her perform Petra in A Little Night Music. Performances are February 8 and 10 in Capitol Theater. Tickets start at $25!