- Where were you born and raised?
I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would probably be in the medical field.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
Offenbach’s Orpheus in the Underworld.
- My favorite opera is…
Puccini’s La Bohème.
- My favorite food to eat is…
- People would be surprised to know that…
English is my second language.
- If I could spend a ‘weekend in the country’ anywhere, real or fantasy, I would visit…
The South Pacific.
- I like to binge-watch…
Bones, New Girl, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Michelle Obama, Uzoamaka Nwanneka “Uzo” Aduba, Jennifer Hudson, and Viola Davis.
- Everyone should see A Little Night Music because….
It’s an amazing piece of work and the cast is unbelievable.
- Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q: What is your nationality or race?
A: I am Polynesian, specifically Samoan.
Find out more about Benjamin and our other artists, and don’t miss the chance to see him perform Mr. Erlanson in A Little Night Music. Performances are February 8 and 10 in Capitol Theater. Tickets start at $25!