- Where were you born and raised?
Born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
If I hadn’t started music in undergrad, I would have begun studying towards being an architect. I always liked math, sketching, and planning.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The Pirates of Penzance! My senior year of high school, our director decided to challenge us. I got to play Mabel.
- My favorite opera is…
Currently, Bellini’s I Capuleti e I Montecchi. But it pretty much changes weekly.
- My favorite food to cook or eat is…
Cook: Anything with my husband! Eat: Anything my Dad cooks .
- People would be surprised to know that…
I met my husband in Italy even though I’m from Minnesota and he’s from Nebraska.
- If I could spend a ‘weekend in the country’ anywhere, real or fantasy, I would visit…
- I like to binge-watch…
…too many things. The Great British Baking Show, Grey’s Anatomy, Outlander, any PBS Masterpiece Shows…
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Jane Austen, WA Mozart, Zelda Fitzgerald, and my Grandpa.
- Everyone should see A Little Night Music because….
It has a little bit of everything for everyone
- Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q: Would you like all these cute potty- and command-trained puppies?
A: YES, PLEASE!
Find out more about Cassandra and our other artists, and don’t miss the chance to see her perform Mrs. Anderssen in A Little Night Music. Performances are February 8 and 10 in Capitol Theater. Tickets start at $25!