- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and I spent most of my childhood in Denmark, Wisconsin.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
When I’m not performing, I also work as a computer programmer! Programming is like a complex logic puzzle, and (like opera) it requires a working knowledge of multiple languages.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The Pirates of Penzance.
- My favorite opera is…
Lucia di Lammermoor. (Who doesn’t love a good mad scene?)
- My favorite food to eat is…
A breakfast sandwich.
- People would be surprised to know that…
I once worked as a Page on the floor of the US House of Representatives in Washington DC.
- If I could spend a ‘weekend in the country’ anywhere, real or fantasy, I would visit…
- I like to binge-watch…
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Joyce DiDonato, Emma Watson, Barrack Obama, Robin Williams.
- Everyone should see A Little Night Music because….
It is rich with the clever lyrics we’ve come to expect from Sondheim’s works. I particularly enjoy how this show can be so lighthearted and whimsical on the surface, while maintaining a constant feeling of underlying cynicism.
Find out more about Kirsten and our other artists, and don’t miss the chance to see her perform Mrs. Segstrom in A Little Night Music. Performances are February 8 and 10 in Capitol Theater. Tickets start at $25!
0 comments on “Meet the Artists – Kirsten Larson”