- Where were you born and raised?
I was born and raised in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would love to be an author.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The Tenderland by Aaron Copland.
- My favorite opera is…
Silent Night by Kevin Puts and Mark Campbell.
- My favorite food to eat is…
- People would be surprised to know that…
I’ve worked as a roofer, furniture mover, and bouncer.
- If I could be in any fairy-tale, I would be in…
- I like to binge-watch…
Game of Thrones.
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart, Neal Brennan, and Billy Joel.
- Everyone should see Rusalka because….
Slavic opera is a beautiful idiom that isn’t regularly performed in many places. This is an opportunity to see a wonderful operatic masterpiece that is a bit of a rarity outside of European opera houses.
- Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q: Are you a cat or dog person?
A: Definitely a dog person.
Find out more about John and our other artists, and don’t miss the chance to see him as The Prince in Rusalka. Performances are April 26 and 28 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18!
0 comments on “Meet the Artists – John Lindsey”