3rd Wood Sprite
- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and spent most of my childhood in Denmark, Wisconsin.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
When I’m not performing, I also work as a computer programmer! Programming is like a complex logic puzzle, and (like opera) it requires a working knowledge of multiple languages.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The ensemble of The Pirates of Penzance.
- My favorite opera is…
It’s hard to choose just one… The Marriage of Figaro and Lucia di Lammermoor will always be favorites of mine.
- My favorite food to cook is…
- People would be surprised to know that…
I once worked as a page on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington DC.
- If I could be in any fairy-tale, I would be in…
I would probably choose Beauty and the Beast, because Belle is such a strong, self-assured character. I’m not a huge fan of the Stockholm Syndrome vibes, but as far as fairy tales go, it could be worse.
- I like to binge-watch…
Grey’s Anatomy, Game of Thrones, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Joyce DiDonato, Emma Watson, Barrack Obama, and RBG.
- Everyone should see Rusalka because….
This music is absolutely GORGEOUS!
Find out more about Kirsten and our other artists, and don’t miss the chance to see her as the Third Wood Sprite in Rusalka. Performances are April 26 and 28 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18!
0 comments on “Meet the Artists – Kirsten Larson”