3rd Wood Sprite
- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and spent most of my childhood in Denmark, Wisconsin.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
When I’m not performing, I also work as a computer programmer! Programming is like a complex logic puzzle, and (like opera) it requires a working knowledge of multiple languages.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The ensemble of The Pirates of Penzance.
- My favorite opera is…
It’s hard to choose just one… The Marriage of Figaro and Lucia di Lammermoor will always be favorites of mine.
- My favorite food to cook is…
- People would be surprised to know that…
I once worked as a page on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington DC.
- If I could be in any fairy-tale, I would be in…
I would probably choose Beauty and the Beast, because Belle is such a strong, self-assured character. I’m not a huge fan of the Stockholm Syndrome vibes, but as far as fairy tales go, it could be worse.
- I like to binge-watch…
Grey’s Anatomy, Game of Thrones, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Joyce DiDonato, Emma Watson, Barrack Obama, and RBG.
- Everyone should see Rusalka because….
This music is absolutely GORGEOUS!