2. The greatest challenge in being a singer is:
Managing the demanding schedule.
3. A live music performance I’ve attended that I will never forget is:
The Austin City Limits Festival, last year.
Life is Beautiful. 12 Years a Slave.
5. Three things I can’t live without are:
6. My number one hobby is:
8. If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I might work in marketing or advertising.
9. What role do you wish you could sing that you could never sing because it’s the wrong voice type/gender?
Any moment during a performance where I feel connected with my colleagues, and everyone is relaxed and energized.
Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
The question – “Can I buy you a new car?”
My answer – “Of course, thanks!”
See Jamie in Madison Opera’s production of Jake Heggie’s Dead Man Walking April 25 and 27 at Overture Hall. Tickets start at just $18!