1. My favorite thing about being a singer is:
2. The greatest challenge in being a singer is:
To persevere. It’s a competitive field, and for every performance high we experience, there are equal disappointments. Lucky for me, the thrill of preforming for an audience makes it easy to forget any rejection I may encounter along the way.
3. A live music performance I’ve attended that I will never forget is:Sweeny Todd at the Lyric Opera when I was a freshman in college. We must have sung the “I feel you, Johanna” over and over for about 6 months after seeing it.
Stand By Me, Perfect Harmony, The Color Purple, and Goonies. Apparently I haven’t watched a movie since the ’80s.
5. Three things I can’t live without are:
6. My number one hobby is:
8. If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I’m pretty sure I’d be an environmental lawyer.
9. What role do you wish you could sing that you could never sing because it’s the wrong voice type/gender?
I love playing evil, so my favorite moment was probably playing Alcina in her spooky spell-casting scene.
Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer)
The Met: Hello, this is the Metropolitan Opera, can you fill in for our soprano tonight?
Need I say more? 😉