Mamma Lucia, Cavalleria Rusticana
- Where were you born and raised?
Born in Houston, Texas, raised all over the South.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I’d run an opera company! (And I do) 😉
- The first opera I was ever in was…
Samson and Delilah as a kiddo.
- My favorite opera is…
In which genre?! Too many to choose! But Susannah is an all-time favorite of mine.
- My favorite food to cook or eat is…
- People would be surprised to know…
Either that I run an opera company or that I specialize in musical theater teaching (screlting/belting) and vocal direct all the musicals at Wayne State University.
- If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
Asgard – pre-destruction.
- I like to binge-watch…
The Great British Baking Show!
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
My mom, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Neil Diamond, Marianne Cornetti.
- Everyone should see Cavalleria Rusticana & Pagliacci because….
It’s going to be EPIC!!!
Find out more about Danielle and our other Cav/Pag Artists. Don’t miss the chance to see Danielle in Cavalleria Rusticana. Performances are November 2 and November 4 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18!