- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Miami, but mostly grew up in a small town in southwest Montana named Deer Lodge.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
Well, my current day job is with BMO Harris Bank. If you had asked me when I was growing up, I would be a singing chef in my own restaurant.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The Tenderland with Madison Opera.
- My favorite opera is…
Oh gosh, I love Dead Man Walking! I love pieces that make you as an audience member decide how you are feeling.
- My favorite food to cook or eat is…
I am more of a baker than a cook. Because I have celiac, I love testing/trying new things to make them gluten-free.
- People would be surprised to know…
I haven’t graduated from college yet and was told I probably shouldn’t pursue singing when I was younger.
- If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
I would love to go to the Arctic Circle to experience the Northern Lights. I saw them a lot growing up in Montana, but they that up there they are more incredible.
- I like to binge-watch…
…basically anything food competition related: Masterchef, Iron Chef, The Great British Baking Show, Zumo’s Desserts, Sugar Rush… I can go on and on. I love the ideas they give me!
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
My grandparents Bud and Nellie from my mother’s side, and my abuelos Juan and Elsa from my father’s side. My maternal grandparents passed when I was 1 and 11 respectively, and my abuelos passed more recently in 2016 and 2010. I want to sit and find out more about their lives growing up, how they met and fell in love.
- Everyone should see Cavalleria Rusticana & Pagliacci because….
There’s juggling! Well, and the music is amazing and will touch you.
- Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer)
Q. Did you know you could juggle?
A. No, but thanks to Youtube we all can learn!