Santuzza, Cavalleria Rusticana
- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Houston, Texas and raised in Pearland, Texas.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would love to be part of the stage crew. I would also love to be an innkeeper.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
My first main stage role was Miss Jessel in Britten’s The Turn of the Screw while I was a student at New England Conservatory.
- My favorite opera is…
…anything written by Verdi or Puccini.
- My favorite food to eat is…
I love pickles.
- People would be surprised to know…
…I rarely listen to music.
- If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
- I like to binge-watch…
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
My Grandmother Eddie Mae, Leontyne Price, Oprah Winfrey, and Barack Obama.
- Everyone should see Cavalleria Rusticana & Pagliacci because….
Who doesn’t love an escape from reality? Come and watch someone else’s drama unfold on stage!
Find out more about Michelle and our other Cav/Pag Artists. Don’t miss the chance to see Santuzza in Cavalleria Rusticana. Performances are November 2 and November 4 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18!