- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Fairfax, Virginia, and grew up nearby in Herndon.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
Craft cocktail bartender.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The Magic Flute, as Sarastro.
- My favorite opera is…
- My favorite food to eat is…
My favorite soda is Moxie Original Elixir. It’s popular in the New England region, but if you’re anywhere else in the country you’ll be hard-pressed to find a bottle. It’s flavored with gentian root.
- People would be surprised to know that…
I’m very interested in 20th century visual art, especially abstract expressionism.
- If I could be in any fairy-tale, I would be in…
The Velveteen Rabbit was one of my favorites growing up.
- I like to binge-watch…
Over the Garden Wall.
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
I’d invite Vince Gironda, Stan Efferding, John Hansen, and John Meadows, so I could watch them argue about nutrition and weight training.
- Everyone should see Rusalka because….
It’s a familiar story but told in an unfamiliar and unexpected way, with incredible music.
- Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q: Shaken or stirred?
A: Stirred, you barbarian.
Find out more about William and our other artists, and don’t miss the chance to see him as Vodnik in Rusalka. Performances are April 26 and 28 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18!
0 comments on “Meet the Artists – William Meinert”