- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Fairfax, Virginia, and grew up nearby in Herndon.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
Craft cocktail bartender.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
The Magic Flute, as Sarastro.
- My favorite opera is…
- My favorite food to eat is…
My favorite soda is Moxie Original Elixir. It’s popular in the New England region, but if you’re anywhere else in the country you’ll be hard-pressed to find a bottle. It’s flavored with gentian root.
- People would be surprised to know that…
I’m very interested in 20th century visual art, especially abstract expressionism.
- If I could be in any fairy-tale, I would be in…
The Velveteen Rabbit was one of my favorites growing up.
- I like to binge-watch…
Over the Garden Wall.
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
I’d invite Vince Gironda, Stan Efferding, John Hansen, and John Meadows, so I could watch them argue about nutrition and weight training.
- Everyone should see Rusalka because….
It’s a familiar story but told in an unfamiliar and unexpected way, with incredible music.
- Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q: Shaken or stirred?
A: Stirred, you barbarian.