- Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Tucson, Arizona. I was raised in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, but spent every summer in Phoenix, Arizona.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I’ve always wanted to be an archaeologist…. My husband and I agree that if we ever retire, we’re going to be archaeologists (or treasure hunters haha).
- The first opera I was ever in was…
I think it was Madame Butterfly as Kate Pinkerton.
- My favorite opera is…
Even though I can’t pick one favorite opera, I think the most perfect orchestral moment in all of opera is the finale of Götterdämmerung. Absolute perfection!
- My favorite food to cook or eat is…
MEAT! We recently got an awesome smoker. We smoke everything!
- People would be surprised to know that…
I’m a Juilliard reject and proud of it.
- If I could be in any fairy-tale, I would be in…
The Little Mermaid was always my favorite. Looks like I’m destined to always be the Ursula…never the Ariel 🙁
- I like to binge-watch…
True crime documentaries. Most Netflix shows. We just re-binged Game of Thrones before the Season 8 premiere came out.
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Honestly, I have no clue!
- Everyone should see Rusalka because….
It’s a story everyone knows and loves. The music is exquisite.