- Where were you born and raised?
I was born and raised in Roseville, Minnesota, and still call the Twin Cites home.
- If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I was pre-med in undergrad and even went as far as getting my EMT license, so I can definitely see myself in the medical profession.
- The first opera I was ever in was…
Turandot. I sang in the chorus for extra money during college and I was hooked!
- My favorite opera is…
La Bohème. It doesn’t get more perfect.
- My favorite food to cook is…
Christmas cookies! I have a cookie bake every year with my best friend and it is fun to make a whole day out of cooking, laughing, and having my 8 year-old son help decorate the cookies and be our taste tester.
- People would be surprised to know that…
I love home improvement projects (much to my husband’s chagrin) and am no stranger to a power saw and nail gun. I have even jack hammered a basement floor.
- If I could be in any fairy-tale, I would be in…
I think Harry Potter qualifies as a modern day fairy tale. But only if I could be part of the wizarding world!
- I like to binge-watch…
The Great British Bake Off. It’s so lovely to watch people being civil and it strangely satisfies my sweet tooth without even having a single bite!
- What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
I love to laugh, so Mozart, David Sedaris, Tina Fey, and my husband’s Uncle Ron, whom I never had the chance to meet, but from the stories I’ve heard was a pretty hilarious guy.
- Everyone should see Rusalka because….
It is not an opera you get a chance to see very often and it has some of the most beautiful music in all of opera.
- One question you wish someone would ask you.
Q: Would you like a million dollars, no strings attached?
A: Ummmm lemme think…YES!